- Associate Director for Corrugated Packaging Materials and Testing, Center for Packaging and Unit Load Design
Dr. Eduardo Molina is an Instructor in the Packaging Systems and Design program at Virginia Tech. He teaches classes in the area of operations management and its relationship to packaging (Packaging Machinery and Production Systems, Packaging Supply Chain, Distribution and Material Handling Systems), as well as Computer-aided Packaging Design.
Dr. Molina obtained his bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering at Costa Rica Tech and specialized in Supply Chain Management, working at a global CPG-company. He earned his Ph.D. from Virginia Tech’s Packaging program, focused on researching performance optimization of unit loads and transportation packaging research.
He established and manages the only IKEA-certified corrugated fiberboard testing laboratory in North America, as part of the Center for Packaging and Unit Load Design. In this laboratory, students obtain experience to evaluate and certify performance properties of corrugated fiberboard for manufacturers and users of corrugated board.
Eduardo Molina is interested in conducting future research in the following areas:
- Packaging supply chain optimization
- Packing operations efficiency in e-commerce fulfilment centers
- Interaction of corrugated fiberboard properties and unit loads’ performance
- Optimization of packaging design for manufacturing productivity increase
- B.S. in Industrial Engineering from Costa Rica Institute of Technology (2012)
- M.S. in Packaging Science from Virginia Tech (2017)
- Ph.D. in Packaging Science from Virginia Tech (2020)
Planning Analyst, Kimberly Clark Corporation; Costa Rica
To learn more about Eduardo, read this article from our series One of Us.