Departmental Sponsored Research Centers
The forest products industry is an important industry for the United States. Competition within the forest products industry has become fierce. Marketing as well as management of production and people have become integral to remaining competitive. The Center for Forest Products Business strives to help firms improve the management of their operations and the marketing of their products.
CPULD is one of the leading pallet / packaging testing and research facilities in the United States. Using state-of-the-art technology, we research every aspect of the material handling system from primary packaging all the way through unit load design.
Wood-based composites play an ever-increasing role in the wood products industry. The WBC is focused on meeting the educational and research needs of the wood-based composites, and related, industries.
Collaborations with the Department
- Lightweight Panel Network (LPN)
- Institute for Critical Technology and Applied Science (ICTAS)
- Center for Innovation-based Manufacturing
- LEAN@ Virginia Tech
- International Corrugated Packaging Foundation
- Institute of Packaging Professionals
- International Safe Transit Association
- USDA Forest Service Southern Research Station
- Forestry Careers & Degrees: a Guide for Students