Linda C. Caudill
A Senior Research Associate, Linda serves as the managing director of the Wood-Based Composites Center (WBC), a National Science Foundation Industry/University Cooperative Research Center (I/UCRC). Formerly with Weyerhaeuser Company, she provides a bridge between the academic and industrial partners of the multi-university center. Linda works with WBC students from multiple universities to discover career paths and jobs in the wood-based composites, and related, industries. She has served as faculty advisor to the Contemporary Dance Ensemble of Virginia Tech since 2010. Linda holds a B.S. degree in Forestry from the University of Massachusetts and a M.S. degree in Forest Products from Virginia Tech.
Areas of Expertise
- Wood-based composites
- Manufacturing processes and process optimization
- Quality control
- Manufacturing management and leadership
- Research center administration
- B.S. University of Massachusetts, 1984
- M.S. Virginia Tech, 1987
First Year Seminar (The "Wing")
UNIV 1704 Fall 2007
Instructor: Linda Caudill
Number of Students: 14
Wood-Based Composites Center NSF REU Supplement
Investigator(s): Frazier, C.E., Caudill, L
Sponsor: National Science Foundation
October 1, 2011 - June 30, 2015
Wood-Based Composites Center (WBC)
Investigator(s): Charles E. Frazier, Linda Caudill, et al
Sponsor: Contributions from 17 companies
- Caudill, L.C. 2012. Wood-Based Composites Supports Continuous Improvement Efforts. PanelWorld March(2012):30-31.
- Caudill, L.C. 2011. Technology Transfer: A look at the R&D priorities of the Wood-Based Composites Center. Engineered Wood Journal 14(2):36-37.